Creating living soils and Resilient Communities
Who We Are
We are community members in the Westmidlands (uk) who run a small community composting site and a Organic gardens. Our aim is to set up and Urban Farm inspiring to regenerative practices.
We recognise the disconnection between humans, animals, our food system and the ecosystem we live in. With people suffering from a wide range of physical and enviro-Mental health problems a deeper look into human well being is necessary.
We’re proud to be a part of our community reducing landfill. Capturing carbon is a regenerative activity that benefits everyone , we are proud of that too. With Pesticide free, Fertiliser free, Nutrient dense food hard to come by and plastic free local production virtually non existent its time to encourage the need for real food.
Research shows we now throw away approx 7.1 million tonnes of household food waste a year in the UK (wrap 2015)
We have an opportunity to turn household waste into nutrient rich compost that can feed your family with fruit and vegetables.
Often in the popularised zero waste journey the simple things get forgotten. We are campaigning to get large multi national companies to stop using and wasting plastic yet UK households send 7 million tons of food waste to landfill each year 5 million of which is still edible.
As well as using measures to eat all the food we buy and prepare we can turn this waste stream into living soils which are capable of giving you nutrient dense fruit and vegetables that have not been contaminated with pesticides and fertilisers.
How can you complete your Zero Waste journey?
- Avoid buying products that are wrapped in plastic. Use zero waste supermarkets like The Clean Kilo.
- Record all your waste products so you can see where you are producing waste and off what type they are.
- keep items you would usually throw away. Jars and tubs, Bottles and bags are indispensable when you start making and storing your own foods and consumables.
- Go above and beyond with your recycling. www.terracycle.com are able to recycle many things our local authorities cant.
- And finally use applicable COMPOSTING methods.
There are many different methods of Composting some are suitable for home use some are better for allotments, market gardens and farms. We plan to cover most composting methods and will start with one that can be utilised by everyone from an apartment dweller to a commercial compost facility.
By using EM-1 in the form of Bokashi bran you can compost 99.9% of your food waste the info graphics below can show you how.
Copyright Nodiggity Gardens 2020